Violet-green Swallows

  • bettinae79
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2012
      Hello all, Donelda Warhorst, Jan Gaffney and I were birding at the San Joaquin Marsh and had (over Pond C and D) at least two Violet-green Swallows along with many Cliff, Northern Rough-winged, Tree and a Barn Swallow. There may have also been a Bank Swallow amongst the Swallows, however, it was getting to be quite late and the lighting wasn't in our favor so we weren't quite sure. But, we did have a great encounter with a Merlin that flew so close that it almost hit Jan in the leg whilst on a hunting pass over Pond C!

      Bird every moment!
      Bettina Eastman
      Huntington Beach, CA.