Wilson's Warbler and Ash-throated Flycatcher

  • ocbirding
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 8:07 PM
      Didn't even have to go anywhere; just looked out of the kitchen window
      and, high up in the Chinese Elm, was a beautiful little Wilson's
      Warbler, eating as fast as he could.

      Later, after the grandchildren left, I put out just a wee bit more
      cracked corn for the late afternoon doves and then sat down on the
      patio to watch them come in to feed. All of a sudden, up in the Silver
      Maple, which is just now coming into leaf, there appears an Ash-
      throated Flycatcher. It was in no apparent hurry, staying around for
      about 5 minutes or so...which can seem like a very long time when
      watching a bird.

      Nice surprises.

      By the way, Gilman Park in Fullerton is on the south side of Rolling
      Hills Dr, between the 57 freeway and Placentia Ave. I believe I called
      Placentia Ave "Associated Rd" in my previous post. Sorry.

      Enjoy the birds, when and where you find them, or they find you.

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton, North Orange County