White Dove/Pigeon

  • pccniles
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2002
      This morning while walking my dogs, I noticed a large pigeon-size
      white bird, with a beige breast, fly by. Moments later, this bird
      swooped down over me and landed in my next door neighbor's yard. I
      immediately sensed this bird was semi-tame. I put my dogs in the
      house. I approached the bird and she/he came up to me, but never
      close enough to allow me to pick her up. She appeared to be related
      to the dove family, only a bit larger and stalkier; nearly pure white
      too, as noted above, except for a beige collar around her breast/neck
      area (she may have had other markings but I can't recall now). She
      had an orange beak. I also noticed a yellow band on her left leg.

      I got her to follow me into my backyard where I pointed out the bird
      feeder. She walked behind me the whole way, from the street, down the
      side yard, to the backyard (it was really cute). She didn't,
      however, feed, and flew off in the direction she'd arrived moments
      later.

      Any ideas?