Cassins Auklet & Juvenile Pacific Loon off HB Pier

  • heimdonna
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2011
      Since HB was socked in with morning fog today I dropped by the pier closer to noon, and found it pretty dead, other than a juvenile Pacific Loon feeding near the pier, plus many common species. Then some New Year celebrants started racing around in a speed boat hundreds of yards out and flushed up a Cassins Auklet, who had eaten so much that his awkward attempts to fly were unsuccessful but entertaining.

      Donna Heim
      HB