Black & White Warbler

  • mspohn2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
      I had what I think was a Black & White Warbler on my bird bath
      yesterday. I believe this bird is quite rare in this area. Pretty
      sure of the species because of his nuthatch like behavior. Anyone
      seen one of these around? I live in San Clemente.

      MGS
    • ocbirding
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
        Regarding the message earlier today from MGS about a Black & White
        Warbler on his/her bird bath ...
        "...seen one of these around?"

        Well, on October 20, last fall, three of us had one at the San Joaquin
        Wildlife Sanctuary on the north side of pond C. Maybe that one was
        "coming" and this one is "going"?

        Delores Jenisch
        Fullerton, North OC
      • Sam Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2002
          I had a female black & white warbler in my yard on the 13th in Long Beach. It was reported to the CRBC and posted on the LA Audobon telegraph. I got a real good look being less than 15 feet from it. I did not see it exhibiting the creeping behaviour but it was distinguishable by it's white supercilii and central white crown stripe.

          -Sam Stewart

          >>> "mspohn2000" <mspohn@...> 04/17/02 01:51PM >>>
          I had what I think was a Black & White Warbler on my bird bath
          yesterday. I believe this bird is quite rare in this area. Pretty
          sure of the species because of his nuthatch like behavior. Anyone
          seen one of these around? I live in San Clemente.

          MGS

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:
          http://www.egroups.com/group/OrangeCountyBirding/