Reminder - Program Featuring Pete Dunne

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2002

      Program Featuring Pete Dunne

      Date: Monday, March 18, 2002
      Time: 6:30PM - 10:15PM PST (GMT-08:00)

      Famous birder and author, Pete Dunne, will be the featured
      speaker at the upcoming Sea & Sage Audubon's Annual Dinner on
      March 15th. Pete's program entitled "Golden Wings" is about
      Roger Tory Peterson. The dinner will be held at the Radisson
      Hotel, corner of MacArthur & Birch, near the John Wayne Airport
      in Newport Beach. Advance reservations are necessary; full
      information on the choice of entree, cost, program, and
      reservations may be found on t he chapter webpage at:
      http://www.seaandsageaudubon.org

      Many of you know Pete Dunne as the author of THE FEATHER QUEST,
      THE WIND MASTERS, TALES OF A LOW-RENT BIRDER, BEFORE THE ECHO,
      & SMALL-HEADED FLYCATCHER. Others know him as a birder
      extraodinaire, co-author of HAWKS IN FLIGHT, Director of the
      Cape May Bird Observatory & Vice President of Bird Information
      for New Jersey Audubon, and the originator of the "World Series
      of Birding", a 24-hour birding competition. Pete is also the
      author of numerous articles which appear regularly in American
      Birds, Birding, Birder's World, Bird Watcher's Digest, Living
      Bird Quarterly, NJ Audubon, and Wildlife Conservation, including
      a biweekly column in the Sunday NY Times. Those of us who have
      heard his programs have enjoyed his humor and superb
      story-telling.

      Don't miss this special opportunity to share an evening with
      Pete Dunne and his wife, Linda. The eveningļæ½s program will
      also include the presentation of our chapter's Fern Zimmerman
      Conservation Award and Letters of Commendation; a special raffle
      to help support chapter Conservation & Education programs will
      follow the program.

      For more information contact: Nancy Kenyon <kenyon@...> ;
      (949) 786-3160.