Masked Booby

  • allanjder
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2002
      Saw the Booby today 2:15 for about 20 min. before it flew off.
      It was located SSW from triangle marker 6. Red band on left leg.
      I will try to post my shot of it. No other birders around.

      Allan Der
    • elegant_tern
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2011
        Good views of the Masked Booby on the far eastern end of the breakwater from 0930 until 0945 this morning, December 19th. Last seen flying southwest.

        Merry Christmas!

        Bob Schallmann
        Seal Beach
      • KEVIN M
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 22, 2011
          The Masked Booby is still present at Dana Point. I spotted him (with the help of several other birders present) about 50 feet from the end of the break wall, just below several stairs that lead up to the light pole at the end of the break wall, at 8:00am this morning (Dec 22, Thurs).
          Kevin Doherty
          Lake Forest, CA
        • Evi Meyer
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2011
            I went to Dana Point today (early afternoon) with Tommye Hite to check up on the reported masked Booby. We saw him it sitting on the breakwater wall as reported before. There were quite a number of birders observing the bird. On the way down to Dana Point we stopped at Bolsa Chica and saw a Eurasian Wigeon. Photos at
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/evimeyer/6562781715/in/photostream

            Evi Meyer
            Palos Verdes Estates