Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Tide Table - Bolsa Chica

  • vicleipzig@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
      Leslie,
      There are numerous websites that give information on the tides at various sites. (You might try www.freetidetables.com.) The closest site geographically is referred to as the Los Patos Bridge (which probably refers to the PCH bridge between Sunset Beach and Seal Beach). However the data for this location are nearly a hour early relative to the tides in Outer Bolsa Bay or the Full Tidal Basin. And remember that the tides at Inner Bolsa Bay (where the boardwalk is) are muted by passing through the tide gates and are hardly related at all to the real ocean tides.

      Vic

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2011
        Los Patos Highway Bridge is the bridge on Warner Ave. where the Bolsa
        Chica Wetlands Interpretive Center is located.

        Terry