Re: Lesser Sand-Plover present on Monday

  • hamiltonrobb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2011
      Hi All,

      As Robert McNab noted, this is the 11th accepted record for California. There are previous records from as early as 10 July (2005) and 12 July (1986), so this record does push the envelope for a (presumed) fall migrant by a couple weeks.

      I'm a little surprised that any California birder serious enough to go see vagrants and comment upon them on the internet would not also be serious enough to buy Rare Birds of California. It's now available for the low, low price of $25:

      http://www.californiabirds.org/cbrc_book/index.html

      (Disclaimer: I don't get a cent from sales). A big reason reason why this book was written and published was so that California birders would have reliable information at their fingertips about just this type of record.

      Cheers,
      Robb Hamilton
      Long Beach