Little Observations in Fullerton Area

  • samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 6:31 PM
      Birders:
      Just a few VERY small observations.
      On Saturday, a BULLOcK'S ORIOLE showed up at Craig Park. Fairly common, but still fairly noteworthy for the park. More interestingly, I tracked an obscure trill to a singing CHIPPING SPARROW. According to my bird guides, they are supposed to be in the mountains right now, but I recollect some sightings from Craig Park from the same time last year, could it be the same one? The one I saw was in a willow a few hundred feet north of the pond, on the east side of the sidewalk. Finally, there was a family of Egyptian Geese, I counted seven young, on the East side of the pond.
      At the Fullerton Arboretum yesterday, there was a BAND-TAILED PIGEON at the entrance waterfall, and a pair of BEWICK'S WRENS by the chapparal area.
      Also, I have noticed that over the past few weeks EURASIAN-COLLARED DOVES have gone from being absent to conspicuous around my house; has this happened to more people, or is this just me?
      Very Sincerely:
      Samuel Bressler
      Fullerton