Aerial Photo Site

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2002
      Group..
      Someone asked where the aerial photos came from that I posted as base
      maps on the site. I answered that person directly (didn't realize it
      was a general post) but another person has just asked for the same
      info. The Website is:
      http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/default.asp Once there, enter
      the city and state, choose the most recent date of the aerial, choose
      the large format, and when you zoom on what you want, go to the
      download page, follow instructions to save the image, and give it a
      name with a *.jpg ending (ignore their suggested name). Then bring
      the photo into a graphics program, add text, and VOILA, you can show
      people with a resolution of individual trees where your bird was.
      Then bring it into the photo section of this or any other of the
      websites. It's easy, and should be done more often...
      Joel Weintraub
      Dana Point, CA