San Joaquin Minor Birds & a New OC Bird List

  • Zopteryx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      (1/1/11) 2 BLUE-WINGED TEALS were at Pond C, along with an AMERICAN PIPIT, and at least 1 BARN SWALLOW. This was the only small pond with shallow water, the others, D and E, were more or less flooded. A male COOPER'S HAWK was near the Audubon House.

      I noticed that the OC bird list on this site seems a little outdated, so I've made a new one and put it in the Files and under OrCo Statistics. This is by no means an official list and it probably contains too many introduced species. Any questions or comments on it would be greatly appreciated.

      Happy Birding & Happy New Year,
      Zachary Perry
      Ladera Ranch