Re: Masked Booby, Harlequin Duck

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2002
      Ahhh.. if only those species were in Orange County!!! For those of
      you who haven't seen the bird, I've put one digital photo I took on
      Wed. in our Photos section... I'll remove it in a few days. It was
      taken from about 250 feet away under cloudy conditions through a C5
      scope...equivalent to about a 3400 mm lens. One really? good photo out
      of about 80 taken isn't bad. Good thing I was just using up electrons
      and not film!!! There is some vignetting of the photo. A side note:
      I've tried to do a cut and paste and move the photos we have in our
      files to the Website's Photo folder (which didn't exist when this
      Group was first formed). It won't work... the cut photo goes to a
      clipboard that is not available on the photo album part of this site.
      Joel Weintraub
      Dana Point, CA