Painted Redstart still present Sunday

  • naturegirlaol
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010
      The painted redstart was still at Laguna Niguel Regional Park on Oct 31. We stopped by around 4:40 pm and searched the trees behind Shelter 3. Amid all the yellow-rumps, we found the redstart flitting around one of the trees that has a large branch hanging over the stream. We were able to watch him for quite a while.

      Also saw a ruby-crowned kinglet here and several more while walking around the lake.

      An ibis and some type of yellow legs were in the flooded stream, upstream from the redstart's location.

      Joan & Brett Rubin
      Mission Viejo