San Joaquin this morning---fall is in the air!

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      After this morning's unexpected downpour in the Irvine area, I went for a short walk at San Joaquin. I never made it down to the ponds; I just stayed around Tree Hill and the trails leading north from the ponds. As at other locations around the county, the fall/winter migrants are starting to show up: I saw 5 white-crowned sparrows, one Lincoln's sparrow, a Wilson's warbler, and 3 blue-grey gnatcatchers (though I heard many more than that). I didn't see any yellow-rumped warblers or ruby-crowned kinglets, but I'm sure they'll be around soon.

      Happy birding!

      Charles Baker
      Tustin