Black Turnstone at Bolsa Chica

  • xochicoatl
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010
      Spotted a black turnstone at Bolsa Chica this morning between 9-9:30 AM, running along the edge of the mud and flipping rocks and shells. A black-bellied plover, too, without the black belly of course.

      Michelle Catlett
      Huntington Beach
    • Trish G
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2014
        I found a Black Turnstone in alternate plumage at Bolsa Chica this morning.
        The bird was a couple hundred yards past the first overlook, foraging on the mudflats.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trishrg/14322581314/
        Also seen was a Short-billed Dowitcher, and out of the 6 Black-bellied Plovers seen, one is in alternate plumage.

        Trish Gussler
        Anaheim