Mile Square warblers

  • nicholsand
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      This morning (Tuesday), I checked out Mile Square Regional Park in Fountain Valley (east side only). Found were MacGillivray's, Wilson's, Townsend's, Yellow and Orange-crowned Warblers, a Pac-slope Flycatcher, Western Wood Pewee, several Warbling Vireos, and the usual stuff. There were two flocks: one was in the small oak trees along the golf course, (west of the softball fields - NOTE: parking lot ribboned off due to new fences and backstops under construction), and the larger flock with the Warbling Vireos was in the Nature Center, in the eucs to the right as you enter the Nature Center. -- Jim Roe, Seal Beach