Bolsa Chica -Sooty Tern

  • alazere
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2010
      The Sooty Tern popped up on the left side of the blind on Tern Island at 11:00 and preened for 15 minutes. It likely was behind the blind from 10 to 11.

      Andy Lazere
      Laguna Niguel
    • borodayko2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2010
        Greetings,

        Steve smith and I went at approx 12:30 PM and found it there also. I posted a highly cropped image in the photos folder taken by Steve Smith. It was taken from PCH (closest point to the island) and provides good ID as well as a good visual orientation of the tern relative to where it hangs out at the blind. I have seen it on two days at the same spot so it must have staked out that spot for itself.

        Regards, Al Borodayko
        Cypress, CA