Problems with File Transfers

  • JWeintraub@fullerton.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2001
      Group...

      Dan Lockshaw has been trying to bring a photo into our photo gallery
      without success. I just looked at the "switches" for this website,
      and am not happy; I think that Yahoo Groups has reconfigured the
      choices. Right now we have some files/folders that, I'm sure, are
      linked on other websites (e.g. our Nutting's Flycatcher folder). In
      addition, we encourage non-members to browse the Calendar section and
      our photos. When I checked 10 minutes ago, I could see why Dan (a
      member) was having trouble uploading a file. That section of choices
      for this website has the following: 1.Public (anyone, including
      non-members, can view files) 2. Members (upload/modify/download
      files) 3.Limited (members can download files; moderators can
      upload/modify/download files) 4. Moderators only
      (upload/modify/download files) and 5. Off (no one can access the Files
      feature). The switch was set for 1. When I turned the switch to 2 to
      allow Dan to upload a file, choice 1 was turned off. I just checked
      using a different internet access program (to hide my membership) and
      found that I, as a non-member, could NOT see any of our files. It
      looks like it is an either/or situation for the switches. Hmmm....
      I'll turn the switch to the "Public" mode tomorrow. So, I think if
      you want to upload a jpg, let me or Bob know and we will give you a
      window of opportunity to bring across your file. I don't know when
      they did that modification, but it doesn't work the way I want.

      Joel Weintraub