Glossy Ibis in Mile Square?

  • larry4marilyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2010
      Was golfing in the rain this morning at Mile Square golf course and saw a flock of about 20 Ibis looking birds doing their glide flight to a field. They were harassed by a Coopers and took off right away. I wasn't sure if I was seeing properly as I didn't think I would see Glossy Ibis here. Saw a single bird later near water on the course. Dark, greenish, large Ibis shaped bird. Slightly smaller than white ibis I saw in Florida. Dark legs and distinctive long, down curving bill. No optics with me on the golf course.\

      Larry Sato
      lmsato@...