Eastern Sierra weekend trip, 4/17/2010, 12:00 am

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2010
      Reminder from: OrangeCountyBirding Yahoo! Group

      Title: Eastern Sierra weekend trip

      Date: Saturday April 17, 2010
      Time: All Day
      Location: This weekend trip covers parts of the Eastern Sierra from Lone Pine to Bishop, the Owens Valley, Crowley Lake, Mono Lake & beyond.
      Street: http://www.seaandsageaudubon.org/FieldTrips/fieldtripscurrent.htm
      Notes: We will meet in Lone Pine at 7:30 am on Sat. morning. From there, we will drive up 395 to Bishop, enjoying the magnificent Eastern Sierra scenery and birding along the way. We hope to see Tule Elk and Black-billed Magpies on our drive. Later that afternoon, as well as on Sunday, we will caravan to various sites in the majestic Owens Valley in search of Bald & Golden Eagles, Red Crossbills, Pinyon Jays, Gray-crowned Rosy Finches, and six swallow species including Bank. On Sunday, we will reassemble at 6 am and drive to the Greater Sage-Grouse strutting grounds to watch the Sage-Grouse display and then on to Crowley Lake for the Sage Thrasher and Common Loon in breeding plumage. Trip size limited; advance reservations needed. For additional trip information and a bird list from a previous trip, visit the SEA & SAGE AUDUBON website. The trip will be led by Linda Oberholtzer.