Reminder - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BIRDING OPTICS FIELD...

  • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2001

      SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BIRDING OPTICS FIELD DAYS

      Date: Saturday, October 27, 2001
      Time: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT (GMT-07:00)

      Have you ever wondered why your binoculars are not as good as
      you had hoped? Do you want to try out a new pair? Have you been
      thinking of purchasing a birding scope? Sea & Sage Audubon
      invites you to attend the first ever Southern California Birding
      Optics Field Days at the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in
      Irvine on Sat. & Sun., Oct. 27 & 28, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
      Major binocular & scope manufacturers from around the country
      will be at the sanctuary that weekend with their birding optics
      products for you to field trial (look at, hold, try out, look
      through, etc) without charge or obligation. The weekend event
      is free and the public is invited! In conjunction with the
      Optics Field Days, Sea & Sage is also offering a series of
      workshops on birding & optics use. (To help offset our
      expenses, there is a charge for each of the workshops; advance
      reservations for the workshops are recommended.) Workshops will
      be presented by Stephen Ingraham: "Tools of the Trade" (a
      comprehensive review of optics & birding accessories); Joel
      Weintraub: "How to Test Birding Optics" and "Binocular Repair &
      Adjustment"; John Schmitt: "Field Sketching/Nature Workshop";
      Kimball Garrett: "Mistaken Identifications"; Jon Dunn:
      "Shorebirds" Clay Taylor: "Spotting Scope Photography"; Ned
      Harris: "Flight Identification of Western Raptors". For full
      information on this exciting weekend see:
      http://www.seaandsageaudubon.org
    • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2001

        SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BIRDING OPTICS FIELD DAYS

        Date: Saturday, October 27, 2001
[...]

        comprehensive review of optics & birding accessories); Dr. Joel
        Weintraub "How to Test Birding Optics" and "Binocular Repair &
        Adjustment"; John Schmitt "Field Sketching/Nature Workshop";
        Kimball Garrett "Mistaken Identifications"; Jon Dunn
        "Shorebirds"; Clay Taylor "Spotting Scope Photography"; Ned
        Harris "Flight Identification of Western Raptors." Full
        information on the weekend's event may be found at:
        http://www.seaandsageaudubon.org/optics.htm
      • OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2001

          SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BIRDING OPTICS FIELD DAYS

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 27, 2001

            SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BIRDING OPTICS FIELD DAYS