Golden-crowned Sparrow & Merlin

  • Delores Jenisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2001
      We happened upon a Golden-crowned Sparrow at Clark Regional Park
      today while we were trying to relocate a Blue-gray
      Gnatcatcher we had seen there last weekend (on the hillside above the
      compost piles on the east side of the park). We had heard that
      two California gnatcatchers were seen there yesterday in the
      northeast section of the park and we wanted to see if we could find
      them also. The hillside, along the eastern edge of the ball fields,
      was swarming with Yellow-rumped Warblers and White-crowned
      Sparrows. Just as our time was up, we caught sight of a Merlin
      as it made two passes over the area, perched in a bush for a few
      minutes, and then flew off north over Rosecrans, up into the bluffs.

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton CA