White-crowned Sparrow & Nutmeg Mannikins

  • Delores Jenisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      William and I were delighted to see a White-crowned Sparrow this
      morning at Clark Reg. Park...the first one of the season for us. It
      was at the compost area, on the east side of the park where the trail
      goes up from the parking lot. I was expecting WCSs in our back
      yard all last week, but got a Wilson's Warbler instead!

      Another birder (Dave) at Huntington Central Park was surprised to
      find a whole flock of Nutmeg Mannikins in the Shipley Nature
      Center area this morning. The Mannikins were a short way in from the
      building at the main entrance, on the WESTERN-MOST trail,
      nearest the park's outer fence. They were working the tall
      grasses/bushes in an open area. It was the first time of birding HCP
      for Dave to see them in this particular spot.

      Delores Jenisch
      Fullerton CA