Brewer's Sparrow, Orange - 9/2/09

  • short_eared_owl12
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      birders,

      This evening I had a BREWER'S SPARROW at Peters Canyon Regional Park in Orange. I flushed the bird out of a weedy area near the Lakeview Trail on the north side of the park and was able to study in through the scope for several minutes before it disappeared for good. A few other interesting birds this evening included four VAUX'S SWIFTS, a juvenile WHITE-TAILED KITE, and two SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS (new park bird for me.)

      Yesterday I had a WILLOW FLYCATCHER at Santiago Oaks Regional Park in Orange, and not much else of interest.

      Cheers,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange, CA
      http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/