Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] White-eyed Vireo

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2009
      The Whte-eyed Vireo was still there at 4 PM. We could not refind the
      Northern Parula but did see a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak at the wet spot.

      At 02:50 PM 2009-05-31, Brian Daniels wrote:
      >A singing male White-eyed Vireo put on a good show at Huntington
      >Central Park today from 0930 to at least 1145.

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky,
      SoCA Bird Guides <steve at sosensky.com> www.sosensky.com/guides
      Nature Photos www.sosensky.com/nature_photos.htm
      Optics4Birding <steve at optics4birding.com> www.optics4birding.com
      Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 949-269-2161 33.56485 N, 117.72205 W
    • Don Hoechlin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11
        The White-eyed Vireo still at Talbert Reg Pk. Same location as last reported. Also seen was a Lesser Nighthawk found by Vic L. Flickr for photo: https://flic.kr/p/VuXLx6https://flic.kr/p/VGrENn.     Don Hoechlin.   RMV

        Sent from my iPhone
      • terryhill78
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11

          I was able to hear the White-eyed Vireo this afternoon at Talbert Regional Park with the help of Jack Lindahl, who was just leaving and confirmed the location, and Tom Wurster, who was just leaving, but who got me on the call of the Vireo in between all the Chat sounds.  I never saw it, and all of the birds went suddenly quiet at 2:00 p.m. (I presume a hawk had come by) and remained that way, so I left about 2:20.

          Terry Hill

          Huntington Beach

        • Lena Hayashi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19
            The White-eyed Vireo was seen and heard by Lena Hayashi and Steve and Becky Turley around 1:30PM at Talbert Regional Park South off the main trail heading east from the BMX course.  The bird had periods of singing and silence as it moved from willow to willow and mulefat.  When it was heard, finding it was difficult in the thick brush but it did pop up occasionally for quick looks.
            Lena Hayashi
            ​Huntington Beach​