[OrangeCountyBirding] Brant at Bolsa Chica

  • Bill Sauer
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2009
      There were eight Brant this norning near the first observation point. I looked for them again around noon but couldn't find them.

      Bill Sauer
      Huntington Beach

    • nicholsand
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 12, 2009
        Saturday, about 10:30, during a brief break in the weather, I visited Bolsa Chica and observed 2 BRANT. They were on the sliver of island observable from the fence at the end of the boardwalk. Jim Roe, Seal Beach.
      • S_Shinn
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2013
          This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
          Time was about 4 PM

          Steve Shinn
          Long Beach
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
            Steve,

            Do you have any other photos of this bird that might better show what appear to be bands on its legs? There appear to be blue and white bands on the left leg, and possibly a silver band on the right leg. This is worth reporting to the Bird Banding Lab online.

            Jim Pike
            HB

            --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "S_Shinn" <sshinn@...> wrote:

            > This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
            > Time was about 4 PM
            > http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16989594
            >
            > Steve Shinn
            > Long Beach

          • Bernardo Alps
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 3, 2013
              Hi Jim.

              The bird has a dark blue marker with the code 23Z in white on the left tarsus. There is no federal band. I have reported it to BBL but not heard back yet.

              Take care,

              Bernardo

              --- In OrangeCountyBirding@yahoogroups.com, "S_Shinn" wrote:

              > This one was munching along the trail about 200 meters south of the foot bridge near Warner. Very approachable.
              > Time was about 4 PM
              > http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=16989594
              >
              > Steve Shinn
              > Long Beach