Yellow-throated Vireo @ HCP

  • Lori Conrad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi all

      We spent most of the morning looking for the vireo, after missing it by 15 minutes at 8:15 AM. We left around 11:00 to go look for the Pine Warbler, which was a no-show. When we got back to HCP, we ran into a friend who had an IPOD with the scold call on it. He played it with no response. Then, we walked towards the wooden amphitheatre & tried again & the bird flew in from the eucs at the lower end of the theatre area, so it apparently moves around a bit more than previously posted. This was at 2:55. Sorry, Aaron!

      There was also a Slate-colored Junco in the large junco flock just to the north of the island area.

      Lori & Mark Conrad
      Hermosa Beach, Ca