Hunington Central Park this am, etc.

  • Rob Fowler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2008
      Hi all,
      I birded around HCP this morning from about 0800-1000. Highlight was
      the continuing MCGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER right near the Gothard Street
      Parking lot. It called continuously and was easy to track. Other
      highlights were a hatch-year male BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER just
      south of the maintenance yard at the north end of the park, and an
      after hatch-year male CISMONTANUS JUNCO and 1 female SLATE-COLORED in
      the open area to the west of Gothard street parking lot. The
      Cismontanus is a hybrid Oregon X Slate-colored and the distinct males
      of this combo have the black Oregon hood combined with the Slate-
      colored body. The male is well illustrated in Sibley; got photos.

      It was also nice to see up to 4 WILSON'S WARBLERS in various areas
      around the park.

      At Bolsa Chica one of the REDDISH EGRETS was very visible along with
      a ROYAL TERN.

      Good to bird in the OC again,

      Rob Fowler
      Arcata, CA