OC Coastal CBC, Sunday Dec 28...Got Owls?

  • Steve Alter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
      Hi Birders!
      This is just a reminder that the Orange County Coastal CBC is coming
      up next Sunday, Dec. 28. Just in time to use those shiny new
      binoculars that Santa left under your tree!

      In recent years we have had a hard time finding owls for the Coastal
      count. So if you know of a reliable owl in your neighborhood or local
      park (within the count circle)...please let me know and we can send
      someone after it. Or, you can find it yourself on Sunday the 28th and
      report it.

      The count circle is roughly from Huntington Harbor, south to Corona
      del Mar, and east to the former Tustin Marine Air Station and UC
      Irvine. The circle includes Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Costa
      Mesa, Fountain Valley and Santa Ana. If you need more detailed
      information, write to me offline.

      Good Birding!
      Steve Alter
    • Tom Dixon
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2008
        I've seen a Great-horned Owl foraging in the annual grass at Bolsa Chica on the mesa path a few times in the early evening this season.