Assorted stuff

  • vireos44
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      Hi,

      A few late reports, as I haven't been able to get on-line in recent
      days. (My neighbor with the unsecure wireless connection must have
      moved). On Nov 28, I had a few orioles and tanagers around Lake
      Forest/Mission Viejo. There was also an adult female Vermilion
      Flycatcher at El Toro cemetery, about 100 yards uphill to the left
      after entering at the main gate. In addition, an adult male Eurasian
      Wigeon, still largely in eclipse plumage, was at Village Pond park.
      Also, on Nov 20, a Plumbeus Vireo was at Estancia Park in Costa Mesa.
      Lastly, of interest to the Mile Square Park Xmas count crew (ie,
      Irene), there was a Red-breasted Sapsucker in a eucalyptus tree at the
      easternmost end of the nature center. I think there was one
      frequenting that same tree last year.

      Jim Pike
      Huntington Beach