Plumbeous Vireo, Laguna Niguel Regional Park

  • themrbubby00mjf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2008
      My wife and I stopped at Laguna Niguel Regional Park for a little
      while from around 8:30 to 10:00 this morning on our way to run an
      errand in Dana Point. We had some pockets of typical western
      migrants, but our most noteworthy bird was a single confiding
      PLUMBEOUS VIREO in the trees along the creek between the road and the
      dam. Its head, back and flight-feather edges were slate gray, with
      the only a faint suggestion of light yellow around the vent area. We
      had great out in the open looks for about a minute before it flew off
      into the dense vegetation to join the crowds of Common Yellowthroats,
      House Wrens and Song Sparrows.

      Good birding,

      Jonathan and Libby Rowley
      -Whittier, CA