Toll Road Hearing... Meeting on the 22nd

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2008
      Since I haven't seen anyone post this information, I'm copying an
      email that went out from Nancy Kenyon below.

      Joel Weintraub

      Toll Road Hearing

      Toll Road Public Hearing Scheduled for Monday, Sept. 22, 2008
      Please Attend!

      Background
      The proposed Foothill-South toll road in Orange and San Diego Counties
      is one of the most environmentally destructive and unnecessary
      transportation projects in California history. The road would run 4
      miles down the length of San Onofre State Beach, effectively
      destroying the interior of the park and the San Mateo Campground. It
      would also run right through protected habitat in the Donna O'Neil
      Conservancy and drive endangered species toward extinction.
      Alternatives exist.

      Earlier this year, at a momentous public hearing in Del Mar, the
      California Coastal Commission determined that the toll road was
      inconsistent with the federal Coastal Zone Management Act. The toll
      road agency has appealed this decision to the federal Secretary of
      Commerce.

      After much delay, the Commerce Dept. has finally scheduled a public
      hearing – once again in Del Mar.
      Action requested

      Please attend the hearing, along with your friends, family, and neighbors.
      We need to show how many people care about the state park and its
      wildlife.

      Date: September 22, 2008
      Location: O'Brien Hall at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante
      Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
      Directions: http://www.sdfair.com/index.php?fuseaction=maps.home
      Time: 10:30 AM – 8:30 PM (suggest arrival by 10 AM)
      Parking: On-site available at $9
      Relax and travel by free chartered bus
      For further info, contact Robin Everett
      <robin.everett@...><mailto:robin.everett@...>