Pacific Golden Plover S-end Bolsa Chica 1 Sept 08

  • Liga Auzins
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      At about 1 pm on Sep 1st, Tom Wurster and I viewed a bright, juvenile
      plumage Pacific Golden-Plover from the bluffs adjacent to Harriet
      Weider Regional Park at the south end of the Blosa Chica wetlands. It
      was roosting among at least 250 Black-bellied Plover assembled on the
      dry flats. Closest vewing is from the bluffs, below the trailer loaded
      with pipe.

      It was peek high tide, and thousands of peep and other shorebirds, a
      couple hundred gulls, and a few terns, roosted and/or foraged in the
      the shallows nearer to Harriet Weider parking area. Unfortunately,
      distance and heat shimmer made for poor quality viewing.

      Liga Auzins and Tom Wurster
      Monrovia , CA