American Redstart at HCP

  • cabepiano
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2008
      Pat and I birded HCP east this morning and had a good spot at the east end of the island area
      near a fig tree. Warblers seen were; Common Yellowthroat, Yellow, Orange-crowned,
      Wilson's, and American Redstart. Others seen at same spot; Bullock's Oriole, Western
      Tanager, Song Sparrow, Pacific-slope Flycatcher, Black Phoebe, and Nutmeg Mannikins.
      Dick Cabe
      Huntington Beach
    • nicholsand
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2009
        At Huntington Central Park this morning, while birding with Dave & Sharon Telford, I found a mature male AMERICAN REDSTART in the clump of myroporum (sp?) northeast of the "island" area. It was also seen by a large contingent of L.A. County birders. In the same clump of trees, a THRUSH (Hermit assumed) gave us a brief view.
        -- Jim Roe, Seal Beach