Tur Vul at Laguna Niguel Reg. Park

  • Delores Jenisch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Today, on the way to somewhere else, we spent an hour at Laguna
      Niguel Reg. Park. While being entertained by the antics of the
      large flock of Tricolored Blackbirds stealing bread from the
      assortment of geese in the tackle shop parking lot, we were almost
      overcome by the strong smells hanging about the place, especially
      that of SKUNK! Just a bit further down the road we watched a
      Turkey Vulture on the ground, almost half way up the hillside,
      delicately eating away at something dark and furry (yes, delicately).
      On the way back up a few minutes later we stopped the car and watched
      for a while again, not wanting to leave until we knew what
      the Vulture was eating. Yep, just as we guessed ... it was the SKUNK!

      The Cattle Egrets were very picturesque as they were seen against the
      fresh new Spring green of the park.

      Delores Jenisch