Least Bittern at Laguna Niguel Regional Park

  • zapolingo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2008
      Hello all,

      Last week, John and Joan Avise told us about seeing a Least Bittern at Laguna Niguel Regional
      Park, and we managed to re-find it today. It was in the reeds by the footbridge in the top
      part of the park, upstream from the lake. Photos of it are posted at the link below.

      We also got good looks at a Blue Grosbeak, who was flying among the trees and feeding a
      fledgling. Apart from that, just the usual suspects.

      Happy birding,

      Felicia Lee
      Costa Mesa, CA
      http://yellowrump.blogspot.com