Speaking of pelagics

  • Elliotte Harold
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 7:30 AM
      Is anyone planning on going up for the L.A. Audubon trip on June 7th?
      Might be nice to carpool. Then again, we'd probably have to leave Irvine
      around 5:00 AM to make it. I might want to plan on spending the night.
      Lack of sleep and boats are a bad combination. :-)

      Saturday, June 7
      Land on Santa Cruz Island for the Island Scrub Jay, and then out to sea.
      This 8 hour trip departs from the Island Packer dock in the Oxnard
      Harbor at 8:00 a.m. on the m/v Vanguard. We will land at Prisoner’s Cove
      where the endemic Island Scrub-Jay is easily seen. Then we will cruise
      out to sea for pelagic birding, returning by Anacapa Island. Birds seen
      on prior trips: Northern Fulmar; Sooty and Pink-footed shearwaters;
      South Polar Skua; Parasitic and Pomarine jaegers; Sabine’s Gull; rocky
      shorebirds (up to 5); Pigeon Guillemot; Xantus Murrelet. Rarities seen:
      Flesh-footed Shearwater and American Oystercatcher. A Tufted Puffin seen
      in 2002.
      Leaders: Todd McGrath, Jon Feenstra and David Pereksta
      $95. A box lunch and breakfast can be ordered from the adjoining
      dock-side deli. Galley onboard.

      --
      Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo@...
      Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!