American Redstart at Huntington Central Park

  • zapolingo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2008
      Hello all,

      This morning, Glenn and I saw an adult male American Redstart at Huntington Central Park. It
      was in a cluster of trees and bushes near the back end of the Slater Street parking lot.

      The area where we spotted it was just across the footbridge from the back end of the parking
      lot; the trees were those behind the grassy area to the left of the end of the bridge. This was
      the same area where an immature American Redstart was seen last year--maybe the same
      bird?

      There were also a large number of Townsend's Warblers (along with the usual Orange-
      crowned and Yellow-rumped Warblers) in the park today; we also saw our first Hooded
      Oriole of the year.

      Happy birding,

      Felicia Lee
      Costa Mesa, CA
      http://yellowrump.blogspot.com
    • Jeff Bray
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2015
        Passing along a message I got from Lynda Elkin that her and Brittany O'Connor found a male American Redstart at 6:40pm between Slater parking and Loren's Ditch on south side of the walking path. It was in the trees where they are removing all the underbrush. It moved further South toward the 'island' when they left. They observed the bird for 20 minutes and it was calling infrequently.

        Jeff Bray
        Irvine, CA
      • chiccadee100
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2 2:01 PM

          Hi birders, there was a nice female/immature male (immature male would have more black on the face at this time of the year, I'm guessing) American Redstart east of Talbert Lake at Huntington Central Park today, at coordinates 33.7049, -118.0019. Bird was feeding continuously around this patch of territory for 45+ minutes.

           Picture: https://download.ams.birds.cornell.edu/api/v1/asset/65001511/900

          Elisa Yang

          Mission Viejo

        • Trish G