Common Murres

  • debmcduck1956
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2008
      Thank you to everyone that responded to my post. We will be releasing
      the Murre from a boat off of Huntington Beach. FYI, we received
      another oiled (tarred) murre today from Beach and PCH in Huntington
      Beach. This is approximately where the first one came in. So, we must
      have a few Murres off of our shore. The second murre is not that
      stable yet. Hopefully we can stabilize him, wash the tar ball off of
      him and release him as well! The Common Murre is an uncommon bird for
      WWCC to get. They usually do not migrate down this far south. Talk to
      you all later.

      Debbie McGuire
      Wildlife Director
      Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center