White-winged Scoter, Huntington Beach - 2/26

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008
      birders,

      This afternoon around 3:30 I saw a single female WHITE-WINGED SCOTER
      off the Huntington Beach Pier. It was with a flock of at least 150 Surf
      Scoters fairly close to the pier, but a windsurfer flushed the flock.
      The flock flew north until they were almost out of sight. If I recall
      correctly, I believe that a White-winged Scoter was seen here on the
      Coastal CBC on December 30th - perhaps the same bird?

      The only other birds of note were a couple PACIFIC LOONS.

      good birding,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange, CA
      http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/