Painted Redstart: TIIFT

  • wagtail1997
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2008
      Group,

      There was a call-in today of a Painted Redstart in Orange County.
      Unfortunately, the caller did not leave any real information...

      No phone number or address was given. No name was given.

      The bird was in their backyard, somewhere in the sw part of Yorba
      Linda this morning.

      When I get a call-in of a rarity on private property, I NEVER disclose
      its specific location unless the person owning/renting the property
      gives full permission for that information. Even if we could disclose
      a rough corner location, birders might be able to go to the nearest
      park or public place to search for the bird. That is not possible
      with this call.

      In addition, our Audubon Field Notes person, Doug Willick, will not
      have any real evidence that the bird was in the county. No details
      were given of the bird... it's sex, age, etc.

      So we end up, without further details with a TIIFT bird...that's
      interesting if true.

      Joel Weintraub
      Dana Point, CA
      RBA moderator