American Oystercatcher, Crescent Bay - 1/14

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2008
      birders,

      This morning around 10:00 I spotted the previously reported AMERICAN
      OYSTERCATCHER at Crescent Bay Point Park in Laguna Beach. I had arrived
      over an hour earlier, and it appeared as the tide was coming in. If you
      want to see this bird, I'd suggest going at high tide when the birds
      are concentrated up on the beach. Other birds of note included seven
      BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS, a dozen each of SURFBIRDS and BLACK TURNSTONES,
      and a handful of BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS.

      cheers,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange, CA
      http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/