Lakeview/River parking information for RoSp

  • lilithm3@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2007
      As bizarre as the header sounds...

      If the RoSp is located in the morning at Santa Ana River and Lakeview Ave. behind Kaiser hospital, here is the parking situation.

      Do not use the hospital parking lot. Security is in effect and feelings run strong between the locals and the employees regarding parking.

      Do use Riverdale Park's parking lot -- but there may be adult soccer teams on the field. If you get there before 9 AM, your chances of parking are excellent. Access to the river is easy, just go to the back of the park and through the gate.

      Across the street from the park is Riverdale Elementary. Excellent place to park on weekends, although it accomodates overflow parking from soccer and other sports games.

      Across the intersection is the Mobil gas station with a strip mall; parking is available there but dicey at lunchtime (much better on Sundays). Access to the riverbed is easily available if you walk on the sidewalk on Lakeview past this parking lot and the other Kaiser parking lot; there are entrances to the riverbed and bike trail. (This strip mall has very good Chinese and Italian restaurants, along with so-so American and sushi eateries.)

      Parking on Riverdale itself is not permitted; side streets are available. Extra walking.

      I won't describe parking on McKinnon or further past because the neighbors are already ticked off at Kaiser employees parking there and Caltrans keeps an eye out on the riverbed access, fencing it up periodically, further irritating the neighbors. (I know. I was one of them until October.)

      Good birding!

      Sue Jorgenson
      Fullerton/Anaheim
      Click now for great vacation deals to beautiful Oregon!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3mq8DordrSYSrs2KDrL5YhQNZnJUZki1eejA0HwDYfeQaYR0/