European Goldfinch in Tustin

  • Steve Alter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1 12:05 PM
      We just had an interesting new yard bird, a male European Goldfinch
      (Carduelis carduelis) visited our birdbath and thistle feeder. (The
      word "carduelis" is latin for "thistle"...go figure.)
      He was feeding with a flock of Lesser Goldfinches.

      According to several websites they are commonly kept a caged pets, so
      I guess one must assume it is an escapee. (Darn!)

      Good Birding!
      Steve & Marian Alter
      Tustin