Streak-back Oriole

  • jack lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2007
      I was reviewing some photos of birds taken at Mile
      Square Park on Oct 30, 2007 and I came across photos
      of a bird that seemed to be a Streak-back Oriole. The
      bird was in the trees in the North West corner of the
      park, in the trees west of the ponds. I posted the
      photos at
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/14746508@N06/
      Any comments.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • jack lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
        Thanks for the help in identifying the subject bird.
        Three of four people have said that the bird is
        probably a Bullock's Oriole and the other person
        agreed with me. I have uploaded four photos more of
        birds that I had identified as Bullock's Orioles at
        Miles Square Park between June and October.

        The subject bird may not be there anymore as there
        were a lot of fires during the weeks before the photos
        were taken and the bird may have been affected by the
        fires.

        Also, I made an error on the location that the bird
        was seen. It was seen in the trees on the west side of
        the lakes in the North East corner of the park (not
        the North West corner of the park). The time was about
        9 am.

        Thanks again