Optics4Birding Optics Fair 12/1 and 12/2

  • Steve Sosensky
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      This message is posted with the permission of the listowner(s).

      Optics4Birding Optics Fair

      December 1 & 2

      Ever wanted to try out a whole bunch of different binoculars or
      scopes at the same place and time? Now you can! Optics4Birding will
      be holding an optics fair on December 1st

      and 2nd at their new store in Irvine. The list of manufacturers
      includes Alpen, Audubon, Bogen, Brunton, Bushnell, ITT/Morovision,
      Kowa, Minox, Nikon, Pentax, Swarovski, Vortex, and Zeiss.
      Stereovision, who is developing a 3-D camera binocular will be
      demonstrating their product. Classes will be given on selecting
      optics, digiscoping, use of night vision in nature watching, and more.

      Optics4Birding is located at 19 Hammond, Suite 506, Irvine CA 92618,
      Phone: 949-360-6789

      Fair hours are 9 AM to 4 PM both days.

      Directions

      From I-5 or I-405:
      - Exit onto Bake Pkwy. and go east (toward the mountains)
      - At about 2.3 miles from I-5, turn left onto Irvine Blvd. (A
      right turn at this intersection would put you on Trabuco, and that
      sign may be more visible than the one for Irvine.)
      - At the first light, turn right onto Parker
      - Turn left into the first driveway
      - Go past two buildings and turn right at the FedEx drop box
      - Optics4Birding is on the right about halfway up the building

      From the Inland Empire:
      - Take CA-91 to the CA-241 Toll Road south.
      - Exit onto the CR-133 south.
      - Exit at Irvine Blvd. and turn left.
      - Go to Parker and turn left.
      - Follow the last three steps above.
      - To avoid tolls, take CA-91 to CA-55 south to I-5 south and
      follow the I-5 directions

      Good birding,

      Steve Sosensky,
      SoCA Bird Guides <steve at sosensky.com> www.sosensky.com/guides
      Nature Photos www.sosensky.com/nature_photos.htm
      Optics4Birding <steve at optics4birding.com> www.optics4birding.com
      Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 949-269-2161 33.56485 N, 117.72205 W
    • raulroa@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
        I think this is very hypocritical that this message
        which is not about birds in L.A. County but instead a
        very subtle spam-type message bout a business venture
        in Orange County was given permission to be posted and
        is not deleted immediately. When other people post
        items specifically not related to birds or county
        birds, they are chastised, belittled, put on monitored
        status or even banned from the list.

        Maybe a better way to get the message out is to ask if
        anyone is interested in receiving this type
        information, and at receiving the reply, these
        responders can be put on a emailing list.

        Best regards and good birding,

        Raul Roa
        Whittier, CA

        PS: I'll probably be banned for posting this reply but
        there are times when abuse of power must be exposed.
        Viva la raza pajarera! (Long live birders!)

        PPS: Gray's Anatomy episode tonight just talked about
        some dying guy wanting to go find the IVORY-BILLED
        WOODPECKER in Arkansas.

        Raul Roa
        Staff Photographer, SGVN
        1210 N. Azusa Cny. Rd., W. Covina, CA. 91790
        Office: 626.962.8811 ext: 2910 & 2238 cell: 626.736.5376
        raulroa@... raul.roa@...
        LAT:33.99641 N - LON:118.05906 W - 365 ft. elevation
        SoCal FRS Channel 11 subcode 22
        www.pictopolis.blogspot.com www.rrpj.blogspot.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com