Long-tailed Duck still at Bolsa Chica - 10/31

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      howdy,

      Late this morning (11:30) I was able to see the LONG-TAILED DUCK at
      Bolsa Chica. One could get good, albeit distant looks from the
      footbridge, but better looks could be had by either walking the trail
      along PCH or walking the dike out toward the tide gates. It was
      surprisingly tough to find thanks to its habit of diving almost
      constantly. By the first overlook I also saw singles of REDDISH EGRET
      and MERLIN; the latter put on a great show by perching on a dead bush
      and occasionally making short flights.

      good birding,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange