Cattle Egret at Santa Ana River - 10/18

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2007
      birders,

      I spent roughly an hour searching for the Blackburnian Warbler along
      the Santa Ana River south of Lincoln Avenue late this morning. I did
      not see it despite walking almost all the way to the Taft Avenue
      crossing and back. However, I did see a CATTLE EGRET in the riverbed. I
      first saw it a fair distance past the warbler spot. A Snowy Egret
      chased it away and it flew toward the Lincoln Ave. crossing and out of
      my sight.

      cheers,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange