Black Oystercatchers at Crescent Bay, Laguna Beach - 10/1

  • Neil Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      hello,

      I spent most of today birding around Orange County with David Hollie, a
      young birder from northern Georgia. We found a flock of eighteen (!)
      BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS at Crescent Bay Park in Laguna Beach. They were
      resting on the beach just below the overlook. Also present were three
      WANDERING TATTLERS, many BLACK TURNSTONES, and two WHIMBREL. We found
      about five SURFBIRDS at Treasure Island Park a couple miles farther
      south along the coast. A great day of birding in Orange County.

      good birding,

      Neil Gilbert
      Orange
      http://ocbirding.blogspot.com/